Notes / Directions
- Use pre-cooked previously frozen shrimp for easy preparation.
- Cocktail shrimp also works well.
- Slice shrimp in half lengthwise to speed up dehydration.
- Drying is complete when the shrimp is no longer pliable, it should be crunchy and easily broken.
- Don't expect rehydrated shrimp to maintain a decent texture. It will taste like shrimp, but will have the texture of overcooked shrimp; it will even curl excessively like overcooked shrimp.
- Use smaller shrimp because they'll be cheaper, dry faster, and rehydrate better.
- Remove all shell and tails, making sure to devein thoroughly.