Notes / Directions
- Thai basil adds a great base flavor for Asian dishes on the trail, but won't last long without refrigeration.
- Dehydrated Thai basil can be crumbled up and used in meals like the fresh variety.
- It's easier to dehydrate the entire basil stem, then pull off all the leaves when it's dry.
- The main stem is completely inedible and will be the last thing to dry, if the stem is the dry, everything else is dry.
- Completely dry basil is crispy and will crumble very easily, so don't cut it up, and avoid drying small pieces as they'll fall through the dehydrator.