Notes / Directions
- Dehydrated rice will significantly reduce the amount of stove fuel you'll have to use and can even be rehydrated in a koozie with only warm water.
- Jasmine rice rehydrates back to its exact pre-dried texture and you'd never know it was ever dehydrated.
- The texture and taste of dehydrated rice is infinitely better than instant/minute rice.
- Instant/minute rice is typically fortified with extra minerals and nutrients, which occasionally translates into a slightly higher calorie count, but it's not much more.
- There's no need to make rice specifcally for dehydrating, just use leftovers.
- Use a more al dente rice, overcooked or softer rice will be very pasty when rehydrated and much harder to spread evenly on your dehydrator tray.
- If you prefer, you can use different varieties of white rice with the exact same results.